2014 Horse & Mule Packing School
Join us Saturday, May 17th, 2014 for our 25th annual horse
and mule packing school. Instructors Ollie Hill and Jay Talbott
have taught together for many years at Brighton Feed and
Saddlery. They will discuss all elements of horse and mule
packing. Whether you are a seasoned pro, or just starting out
on your backcountry adventure, everyone is welcome and
sure to learn a lot.
- Horse and packing equipment -
Camping Gear and what not to take.
- "Hands On" hitches and knots.
- Food and equipment lists according to group size.
- Planning pack trip itineraries.
- Basics of wilderness survival.
- Choosing pack critters.
- Human and horse first aid on the trail
- Low impact camping and livestock information.
- Regulations and licenses governing this sport.
- Involvement in maintaining these lands for the future.
- Field manual included
Fee for the horse and mule packing school is $150.00 and is
limited to the first 30 students. Course book and all materials necessary are provided including the horses and mules. A delicious cream can lunch will be served at noon compliments
of Verna. Participants all receive a certificate of completion.
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
Hurry, Spots Fill Up Fast!
To register call 1-800-237-0721