Join us Saturday, May 17th, 2014 for our 25th annual horse and mule packing school. Instructors Ollie Hill and Jay Talbott have taught together for many years at Brighton Feed and Saddlery. They will discuss all elements of horse and mule packing. Whether you are a seasoned pro, or just starting out on your backcountry adventure, everyone is welcome and sure to learn a lot.
- Horse and packing equipment - Camping Gear and what not to take.
- "Hands On" hitches and knots.
- Food and equipment lists according to group size.
- Planning pack trip itineraries.
- Basics of wilderness survival.
- Choosing pack critters.
- Human and horse first aid on the trail
- Low impact camping and livestock information.
- Regulations and licenses governing this sport.
- Involvement in maintaining these lands for the future.
- FREE Field manual